Complete moisture measurement and diagnosis system for building environments.
The Protimeter MMS 2 is a 4-in-1 instrument, ergonomically designed for easy one-handed operation, when measuring moisture in materials in buildings and related structures. It can measure surface moisture and moisture below a surface, as well as acting as a hygrometer to measure ambient air humidity. The addition of an infra-red thermometer allows the difference between dew point and surface temperature to be calculated, as well as a wide range of other important psychometric parameters. The new MMS 2 will help building professionals such as surveyors, inspectors and architects to assess building moisture levels during new build and refurbishing activities and assist in the diagnoses of moisture-related problems in existing buildings.
MMS 2 BLD8800
MMS 2 BLD8800-S
Basic Survey Kit
Introducing the MMS 2
- Pin moisture measurement
- Pinless moisture measurement
- Ambient relative humidity & temperature measurement
- Equilibrium humidity measurement in concrete floors
- Psychometric calculations
- Laser pointer surface non-contact temerature measurement
- Data logging
- Firmware update
|Moisture measurement range:||Pin (% WME) 8% to 99, readings over 30% are relative Non-invasive (RF) up to 3/4 in (19 mm) deep 60 to 1000 (relative)||Surveyors|
|Temperature probe range:||-10 – 50°C||Architects|
|Hygrostick data (nominal)||30% to 40% RH (3% RH) at 68F (20°C), 41% to 98% RH (2%) at 68°F (20°C), Range 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) 0.6°F (0.3°C)|
|Quickstick Data (Nominal)||0% to 10% RH, 3% RH at 68°F (20°C), 10% to 90% RH, 2% RH at 68°F (20°C), 90% to 100% RH, 3% RH at 68°F (20°C), Range 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) 0.6°F (0.3°C) Nominal response 30% to 90% and back to 30% RH in 45 seconds @ 68°F (20°C)|
|Data Storage||Up to 8000 results with date & time stamp from all instrument functions|
Four-In-One Moisture Measurement System
Measures moisture in wood and wood floors, drywall, concrete and concrete block, stucco, plaster, masonry and other building materials.
Search (non-invasive mode) behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, wood, drywall, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture up to 3/4 in (19 mm) below surface
- Search mode not adversely affected by surface moisture
Measure (pin mode) diagnoses the extent of moisture intrusion for damage assessment and monitor drying out of building structures.
- Use built-in pin or plug in the heavy duty moisture probe for measuring in hard-to-reach areas
- Use deep wall pin-type probes to measure moisture in walls, wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
- Use accessories such as hammer probes to measure at depth
Hygrometry measures or monitors buildings for adequate ventilation affecting indoor air quality and moisture problems.
- Measures relative humidity and temperature, dew point and surface temperature, surface proximity to dew point (condensation) and grains per pound, as well as multiple psychrometric calculations
- Allows measurement of equipment such as dehumidifiers
- Measures equilibrium relative humidity in concrete floors using the in situ probe method
- Use to detect conditions for mold and fungus growth, that can lead to unhealthy living conditions
Surface Temperature (IR) checks surface temperature, utilizing laser pointer, calculates proximity to dewpoint.